Replacing a ballcock in the attic - imperial

procus

Hi ,

Just looking for a little advice. I had a leaking float valve in the attic tank and it was causing the water to overflow into the garden. very slight. I switched off the water under the sink and bought a replacement float valve , arm e.t.c - (model no bs1212). It looked exactly the same but when i went to replace it , the threads are slightly higher on the old one than the new one. I tried a few places to replace it but they only had the ( bs1212) model. One guy in a diy shop said it would be hard to get as it was imperial?.
I didn't wasnt to replace the whole thing - i.e the bit going through the tank as it looks soldered on the other side and i didnt want to mess with it , i just wanted to replace the part with the valve.
any suggestions where i might find a replacement with the same threads
thanks in advance

Do you know anyone with a set of taps & dies?

I use them to cut new threads on anything that doesn't match- but I live in England so can't provide any concrete help.

I dont billk , i have tried at least 5 more shops and they seem to only have the float valve with metric threads. it looks like i will have to replace the whole thing,. thanks anyway

Back