replacement kitchen presses

deedee80

Hi there, the kitchen in my house is oak, not solid, a veneer type, the bog standard kind that seems to have been put in most houses in the early 90's (well where I live anyway). For now it looks fine, I would love a new one but budget won't stretch to that for a while. I revarnished the presses to spruce them up but a few of them are on their last legs, especially the ones near the kettle, they seem to be peeling. Is it possible to just buy replacement presses does anyone one know. If I could replace a few of them I could get another few years out of the kitchen I reckon! Anyone know of any places which might still supply this type of kitchen, I believe they are still knocking about. I am based in Lucan. Any advice greatly appreciated!

If you mean the doors are peeling, then they can be replaced easily. B&Q do an off the shelf range, Noyecks Newmans do a range in stock and a range to order, In-House do a range similar to Noyecks.

You will have no problem with the sizes as they are standard (mostly). Just measure each door and ring around or look up the websites. Expect to pay between €20 and €50 per door for the mdf/wrapped/foil doors and between €40 and €80 for solid wood doors.