Replace old gas boiler or go for wood pellets?

pavlov

Our gas boiler needs replacing due to its age. Our plumber has quoted us 1600euro for replacing it but, as far as I know, this doesn't include the cost of getting a new, bigger hot water cylinder in the hot press.

What I'm wondering is should we consider installing a wood pellet burner now? With the recent hike in gas prices wood pellet seems to be the way to go.
I have read some other threads on pellet burners and some contributers were suggesting that they're not a great idea for Ireland due to our damp climate, as the pellets absorb moisture and subsequently are not as fuel efficient.

Does anyone know what size of a storage space you would need for the boiler + hopper?
Would we need rear access to our house for delivery of the pellets?
Are there any products out there for pellet storage which would ensure a dry atmosphere for the pellets?
Finally, does the storage space for the pellets really need to be heated itself?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Pavlov

We have a small shed at the side of the house, it's clean and dry and I thought it would do, but I was told that it wasn't enough as it wasn't heated. So we have given up on the idea for this house, plan to move in a year or so anyway.

We have a small shed at the side of the house, it's clean and dry and I thought it would do, but I was told that it wasn't enough as it wasn't heated. So we have given up on the idea for this house, plan to move in a year or so anyway.

That's what put me off too when I researched it just recently. You could use the bagged stuff but it's a lot more expensive and the feeding has to be done manually.