repairing glasses

tomred

Hi,

I have a pair of designer glasses and also a pair of designer sun glasses. I got both from a well know glasses store. With the help of my youg son I have managed to break a handle off each. When I went back to the store they told me the spring was broken and could not be repaired - I would have to buy new ones.

Is this my only option or is there anywhere that will actually repair glasses?

Thanks
Tomred

When you say that you bought them from a well known glasses store, I am guessing you mean a branch of a large chain.

If so, then go to a full service optician and ask them about repair.

I dont know where you are based, but I can recommend Thomas Carroll in Dundrum. They do repairs.

Maybe the glasses genuinely cant be repaired, but I would trust the advice of Thomas Carrolls or a similar optician over a large chain.

If you post where you live, someone else might be able to recommend an optician close to you.

Thanks huskerdu, thats exactly what I was looking for. I live not too far from Dundrum so that works well.

Thanks again
Tomred

I broke my reading glasses(not the same I know) but i got a repair kit in the local pound shop or euro shop and fixed them myself it was simple

Back