Repair of old bricks(Edwardian redbrick)?

Sam Maguire

When removing the storm porch from the archway of my house, my builders badly damaged a lot of the brickwork. Im not talking about weatherlines where the porch was removed (they warned me about this risk when we discussed removal and thats fair enough) but ignorant corners off my 100 yr old red bricks! They blame the amount of silicone used when fixing the porch but Im simply not happy - it looks very rough and it is the first thing you will see coming up the pathway. I'm sure that one of them tried to remove it last week while working alone on the house - very stupid idea - and was having difficulty, so took a swipe at it with something.....

Any ideas on a company who might advise on the best way to fix this up or hide the damage? The main issue is a run of about 10 bricks where the lads took bits off the corners of the bricks.

Long shot but any help appreciated.

Any competent bricklayer should be able to reconstitute the damage. The hardest part is getting the sand/cement/dye ratio right and not staining other bricks with the adhesive. If the bricks are engineers/semi engineers it may be more problematic. One of the old timers (brickies) is your best bet.