Repair car speakers

forbes

Could someone recommend me someone that could fix/install car speakers in the Dublin area?

Thanks

Do you know what is wrong with them?
If it's just a loose wire then its pretty handy to fix. If the speaker cone is damaged then you are looking at new speakers.
Halfords supply speakers and have a guide which ones will fit your car - they will install them too.

Mik

The left and back speakers only work when the music is turned up really high, otherwise the only speaker that works is the drivers side one.

The left and back speakers only work when the music is turned up really high, otherwise the only speaker that works is the drivers side one.

This could also be the power amp in the radio. If your any good at DIY you could try changing the speakers your self. If your on the Northside you could try this place

Well I wouldnt mind giving it a shot meself, just wouldnt want to make it worse.
Thanks for the link.

Just make sure the wattage of the speakers is the same or higher than the origional, higher would be better is the radio has been upgraded or played at loud volumes and this caused them to blow in the first place. It probably does not matter too much if the replacements are 4 or 8 ohm, but best to try and match the origionals. If one speaker is still working you will propably want to replace it anyway to match the new one. Then after that it is just a matter of making sure they fit. I would try a old stereo speaker first, before spending money on new speakers. As said before it could be the radio its self

Back