Renvyle

carpedeum

Has anybody availed of the current family offer at the Renvyle. Would include me, present wife, 16 and 11 year old boys.

Has anybody availed of the current family offer at the Renvyle. Would include me, present wife, 16 and 11 year old boys.
No, but I have stayed there before, it's a lovely, relaxed, old-style hotel. The bedroom accommodation is comfortable but not luxurious, however the food is very good, with a great breakfast menu. Dinner is pricy enough - the deal is just for dinner on 1 night - but you can eat very well and very cheaply in a pub in Letterfrack, a few minutes drive away (think it might have been called the Bard's Den). There was a fantastic restaurant there called Pangur Ban but I'm not sure if it's still open, shame if it isn't.

Truthseeker, I absolutely love Pangur Ban and was wondering if it was still open. The had beautiful smoked tuna, much nicer than smoked salmon anyday!!!

I stayed there about 2 years ago and wasn't very happy about the overall experience. The rooms are very basic and have the feel of a hostel (a good hostel).

Also, they automatically charged a service charge on our dinner bill even though it wasn't mentioned on the menu or anywhere else. This came through onto our room bill the next morning and I had left a tip at dinner so not very happy with that. Food was ok but not amazing.