Renting & Transfering a Seven Day Licience

edwardm

Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding if this is possible,

Can one rent a publicans licience?

i.e, once you lease / rent a pub, you have the right to use the licience, just wondering, if you rented the pub , can you transfer the licience to use in a different area / location.

Can this be done? am i making sence??

Thanks & Regards

To the best of my knowledge, no. The actual premises is licensed, and the landlord is the named license holder. Councils can (and do) issue temporary licences for festivals and things - is that more what you're after?

Hells bells is right. It is a BIG DEAL to move a licence to another premises.

The above posters are correct. If you lease a pub you will need to have the licence transferred to you done by an ad interim transfer which covers you up until the licencing court in september and then the licence is permanently transferred. Licences can be moved from one premises to another regardless of location and can be done by a District Court application. Your local solicitor should be able to assist.

Can the leasee move the licence (with permission from the owner) to another property?

Regards

Hi Askar,

Not trying to be smart, but dazza21 seems to think one can move it? (see post above)

Can you give me a quick outline of why not?

(if i bought one could i not move it??)

Regards

Licences can be moved from one premises to another regardless of location and can be done by a District Court application. Your local solicitor should be able to assist.

Can the leasee move the licence (with permission from the owner) to another property?

I believe Asker was giving you a "No" on the "leasee move the licence (with permission from the owner)" part of your question and not the transfer in general. As per dazza21ie's post, it can be transferred, the rules outlined under the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2000.

[broken link removed]

An interesting discussion of the changes to the rules (and impacts it had on prices) [broken link removed] from when the changes first kicked in.