Renting a Villa/Apartment in Sorrento Italy

jmcc99_98

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out, I am looking to rent a place in Sorrento, or somewhere similar that is easy to get to.

Have been looking on the net at prices of apartments and prices are all over the place. There is my wife, myself and a 4 year old boy. Looking for two weeks next April . Anybody know any good websites for rentals or have any other tips.

This is the first time we have decided to book all the stuff ourselves i.e. not a package or gettig the travel agent to do it.

Would be very grateful of any assistance.

Thanks

We booked a lovely apartment in an old house with a pool and an orange grove via a few years back. It was about 5 minutes walk from the square in Sorrento, and was perfectly clean. It was bloody expensive, mind you - but we had a great week.

if you don't have your heart set on Sorrento, I'd reconsider. It's nice for a day but very touristy for anything longer.

Travelling independently can work out cheaper and you don't have to compromise as much on what you want yourself. However, the searches can be time-consuming.

The nearest airport for Sorrento is Naples but the flights there are less frequent and more expensive. Aer lingus is a more comfortable and relaxing airline to fly with with children but the cheapest flights to Italy are generally with Ryanair. The nearest they go to Sorrento is Rome (Ciampino) Rome, you can get a train to almost anywhere in Italy.

If you're not too fussed about Sorrento, you mght consider Bologna (Aer Lingus) or Forli (Ryanair) and getting somewhere on the Adriatic coast (e.g. Riccione or Cattolica). They're more like regular seaside holidays which might not tie in with the purist's vision of Italy but have much more to do for children. The train stations in both forli and Bologna are easily accessible from the airports.

If you want to book hotels directly, try venere.com or hotelclub.net.

Best of luck.

Hey,

Try www.summerinitaly.com myself and my family are renting what looks like a lovely villa in the teeny town of torca just 6kms from sorrento and 10kms from positano next June for my mums 60th which is ideal as its outside the touristy area of Sorrento but close enough to everything. I was shocked at the price of rentals in the area but this company are very very reasonable and very professional and friendly and they have a lot of properties with amazing sea views which is what we were looking for.

Also easyjet fly direct from stanstead to naples and I think u will be able to book from next month if that helps you? Obviously u would have to get yourself to stanstead but thats where ryanair would come in!

Good luck,

Carole

Sorrento is like the Italian version of Bray. It is very touristy and not a particularly nice town. It is also way overpriced as it's on the American "must-see" list. On the plus side, it is ideal for getting around as all the buses & trains & boatds leave from there.

The other die of the Amalfi coast is much prettier but harder to get around

Back