Rented house taken over by Receiver ..,

cmalone

A rented house adjoining a friend in South Dublin has been taken over by a ‘Receiver’ according to local reports. How can one check if this is correct?

the was left in a bad state
- significant build up of waste in back garden
- damage to roof and build up of water after weather in shared central valley

is there anything in particular receiver would/ could do to address matters ?

Is the house still rented? Presumably the received will appoint an estate agent to sell it.

Thanks for reply.
Tenants left - what about the physical / maintenance problems

You can report it to the local authority as the build up of waste will likely attract vermin. They can force the owner to deal with it.

You can report it to the local authority as the build up of waste will likely attract vermin. They can force the owner to deal with it.
I suggest that the OP will be wasting their time. And the council couldn't care less that the OP has water collecting in between the roofs. (is that central valley).

If it were me, I'd pay the local handyman to go in and bag the waste and bribe the bin men to take it away. That's what I did when I had a build up from a tenant one time. Except I did the bagging with my sister, dirty disgusting work. Now I'd just pay someone. And the fella's on the bin lorries are very nice to deal with. Otherwise pay for it to be taken away.

Thanks for reply.
Tenants left - what about the physical / maintenance problems
Do you think the receiver cares about this, or that he has any responsiblilty, and even if he does that he'd actually do something. Only if you make yourself a pain in the butt to him.

Unsure - receiver is responsible from the time of appointment to sale/ discharge. They don’t like legal actions commenced during their period ‘on duty’ ...

Unsure - receiver is responsible from the time of appointment to sale/ discharge. They don’t like legal actions commenced during their period ‘on duty’ ...
Go on ...... what legal action can you take? What legal action won't cost you a mint and still may not get you a result. Receiver is only interested in getting rid of the property asap. He might allow the EA to do a quick clean up for a sale, but that would only happen at the point the EA is appointed. Right now there are no viewings.

What responsibilities do you think the receiver has?

derelict site / waste management / litter pollution / damage to adjoining property / etc

obviously it’s progress receiver exists - compared to previous

I've a rental property beside a derelict property for nearly two decades. In a city. And it was derelict for a good twenty years before I bought. I watch in amazement at talk of levies on empty proprties/sites suitable for rental/accommodation and talk of action.

What responsibilities do you think the receiver has?
What legal action are you preparted to fork out on to make him bag the rubbish? Or deal with the water?

obviously it’s progress receiver exists - compared to previous

If the roof damage is causing damage on your property, contact the receiver and make them aware. There have been previous threads here and elsewhere that confirm you have a case for damages.

Back