Rent Allowance

EmmaJane

Hello,
Im just wondering could anybody point me in the right direction. Im a homeowner, with regards to a tenant claiming Rent Allowance from me. I have 2 tenants and myself living in a Duplex. One of them works, pays fair rent, the other one has lost his job a few months ago, nice quiet person, would prefer to keep him and get rent allowance. I get €150 a month in Mortgage relief at source, so id prefer not to loose this.

Questions are do I --
1. Have to register in order to get the Rent allowance for my tenant? and 2. How much in comparison to what he is paying at the moment (350 for double room) would i get?? More or Less??

Thanks for reading, its just i havent a clue where to begin..

The tenant doesn't claim Rent Supplement from you, they make the application to the HSE and you are required to verify the rent details as landlord.

The amount of Rent Supplement granted (if any) depends on your tenant's income and whether the rent paid exceeds the maximum rent limit for shared accommodation in the area you are in (there are different limits around the country).

Your details (as landlord) will be passed to the Revenue Commissioners at the end of the year.

I don't know about the Mortgage Relief at source question, sorry.

Back