Renewal mid Feb 2020 policy

Tiggerdog

Hi
Could you please give me some assistance as I find the whole insurance thing so complicated.
My husband and I are in Irish life 4D 1 my daughter had just turned 18 is on nuture plan nhi and will be classed as a young adult on renewal. My 20 year old son is on vhi plan PMI 3613...... My daughter has injured her ACL and will require surgery in march. My husband had major bowel cancer surgery in the Galway clinic recently and will need some chemo therapy etc as a precaution. We are currently quite strapped with husband not working and 2 kids in college so can't really afford any big increase. Have paid insurance for the last 23 years. Can you please give me some advice on the best cover

Hi Tiggerdog,

Welcome to AAM.

Wife options
For yourself, I would recommend that you switch to Irish Life Benefit plan. Details as follows;
1. Irish Life Benefit; price 965pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, private hospital excess capped at 200 x 2 max per year for
all admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover.

Husband options
For your husband, Benefit plan has the same hospital cover as 4D Health 1 plan, (except the day case excess is 125 compared to 75)
so it could be an alternative option to make savings without losing cover.

However, for the same price as 4D Health 1, I would recommend Laya Inspire plan. Details as follows;
2. Laya Inspire plan; price 1140pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission, day case excess 50
per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp visits,
physio, dental etc which would be helpful for his ongoing medical expenses.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Daughter options
3. VHI PMI 07 10; price 418pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year for all
private admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included,
50% refund for consultant visits, gp visits, physio, dental etc - which would also be helpful for any ongoing medical expenses.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Son Options
4. VHI Company Plan Extra Select; price 375pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 100 per admission and per
day case procedure. Limited day to day cover on this plan.

5. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 401pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission and day case
excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp, dental, physio etc.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

The above options best suited to each persons individual medical needs, as well as being best priced overall.
I know that potentially the family would be with the 3 providers, but it makes sense in the circumstances.
Best of luck with everything.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much Snowyb for your reply. I will check them out. Really appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Back