Health Insurance Renewal for 2 Adults and 2 Kids

paddy07

My renewal is up on 1st June. At present on Laya 175 Explore for 2 Adults and 2 Kids. Looking for something that is pretty similar in cover but at a better price. Not too bothered about day to day expenses and I'm willing to pay reasonable excesses
Renewal is coming in at 2986. I can knock 10% off this by renewing on line as a new customer. I've done this over the last few years.

Thanks

Hi paddy07,

Welcome to AAM.
Laya Signify is a good option for the 2 adults, but there is a cheaper specal offer for the 2 children with Laya. Details as follows;

Laya Adult Option
1. Laya Signify plan; price 938pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private hospital inpatient excess is capped at 250 x 2 max
per year for all admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover.

Laya Child Option
1. Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 374pa( special offer means 374 covers all children). all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered;
private hospital inpatient excess 125 per admission, day case excess 50 per procedure. Limited day to day cover.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Irish Life Option; Adult + Child
1. Irish Life Benefit plan; price adult 965pa; price per child 190pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private hospital inpatient
excess capped at 200 x 2 max for all admissions, day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

VHI Option; Adult + Child
1. VHI One Plan 250; price adult 926pa; price per child; 200pa; all public, private and some Beacon hospital covered; private hospital inpatient excess
capped at 250 x 2 max per year for all admissions, day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks very much Snowyb. I'll have a good look through the plans you have suggested

Just to update. I went with Snowyb's recommendation of the 2 adults on Laya Signify and the two kids on Flex 125 explore.

My original renewal for 2 adults and 2 kids on Flex 175 explore was 2900. Requesting the advertised online discount of 10% (which they don't apply automatically to renewals) brought that figure down to 2600

Changing 2 adults to Signify was 882 each ( after verbally requesting the 5% online discount)
Changing 2 kids to Flex 125 explore was 337 with 2nd kid free. ( again verbally requested the 10% online discount)

Total price 2101 which was 500 cheaper than original plan renewal.

For anyone renewing with Laya make sure you check their website for your plan as a "new" customer. Some plans have % online discounts which you can only get applied to your renewal if you ring them. Not all plans have this discount so you need to have a good look around. It's flagged clearly when you click into the plan. It's an easy way to save a few hundred.

Incidently when i requested the online discount the girl mentioned "new customers" but quickly changed tack when i said I've got the discounts in previous years.

Back