renewal 1 adult 2 children 12-15yrs

Pudgee

I am currently on a Select Plus policy with Irish Life Health. My excess is €150. I really don't want to increase this, but is there a similar and cheaper policy I could be on

Hi Pudgee,

There are 3 plans to consider, 1 Irish Life and 2 VHI.
The Select plan you are on at the moment, has a restricted list of public and private hospitals covered.
There are 2 alternative options that cover all public and all private hospitals at a cheaper price and 1 similar plan with a restricted list of
public and private hospitals. Details as follows;

1. Irish Life Benefit plan; adult price 965pa; child price 190pa; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered; private excess capped at 200 x 2 max per year for all private admissions, day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover on this plan.

2. VHI One Plan 150; adult price 996pa; child price 197pa; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered; private excess capped at 150 x 2
max per year for all private admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure. Limited day to day cover on this plan.

3. VHI Smart Plan 150; adult price 920pa; child price 249pa; selected list of public and private hospitals covered. private excess 150 per
admission to a private hospital, day case excess 150 per procedure. Limited day to day cover on this plan.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

The fact that the private excess is capped for the year is a big advantage, on 2 plans.
If you choose an Irish Life plan for the adult, you can choose either an Irish Life plan or a VHI plan for the children.
VHI are the only provider to allow children to be insured on their own, without an adult on the policy.

Regards, Snowyb

Back