Renault Scenic - New Alternator

Moffo

Had a problem over the weekend with my 2005 Scenic, 'Low Battery' warning was flashing and eventually, just as we got into our estate, whole thing died. Turned out, the alternator wasn't charging the battery, got Hibernian Rescue to charge the battery and accompany me to Renault Garage. New Alternator €700 + VAT + 2 Hours Labour (@ €120 per Hour) = €1100.

Car is only 3 years old !!

Has anyone had this problem with a scenic before.

BTW €120 an hour for labour, must be getting a Brain Surgeon to do the work !

[broken link removed]

here nice new one

it not going to take 2 hrs to fit any way are they taking the ****. loosen the bolts, unscrew the wires, remove, put in new one, check tension on the belt, tighten. unless im missing something here does the engin have to come out or something ?

go to a backstreet mech - its not really a job they can screw up

renault main dealer in southside cork city charges 85euro an hour labour. which of course is excessive, but 120 is frankly ridiculous.

go elsewhere please, these people need to know that people won't pay those prices.

Get the alternator reconditioned for less than 100 euro. I got mine done for 60 euro and got a local mechanic to do it. Its probably just needs new brushes

Lots of good info here from real world Renault owners. Post a question there if you can't find what you're looking for.