Renault Megane due a service - where to go?

ericsson

Hi all,

I bought an 04 Renault Megane last August and it is due a service. I am only driving a short time and have never had to get a service before and I was wondering could anyone recommend somwhere to get it done for a good price. Im looking to avoid dealerships as they always seem to charge through the nose and money is a bit tight at the minute so thought some helpful people on here might be able to suggest someone.

Also last time I went to a dealer(to get a lightbulb changed)I was told that my timing belt is nearly due to be replaced so I may need to get this replaced also. Does anyone know roughly how much this should cost? Also, one of my airbag sensors is broken(how I dont know!) I have been told this is only a small job but would anyone be able to hazzard a guess as how much I should be looking at?

Any suggestions/recommendations/help?

I live in Clondalkin and work in Crumlin so ideally somewhere around Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, Crumlin, Inchicore, Palmerstown, Naas Road would be ideal.

Thanks in advance,
Ericsson

mkw motors

They are just off the nass road on the new outer ring road between kingswood and the lucan they are the first rooundabout off the nass road.

Only up the road from you.

Keith used to work for renault training mechanics before he setup on his own.

They are very good and thorough and he knows your car inside out

Does anoyone know of somewhere similar on the northside to get Renault clio serviced. Near the santry, beaumont , artane area

179euro with a free bluetooth handsfree kit in Airside renault..that might be a nationwide renault thing though.
I've no idea how good the service is; but it seems like good value

The offer at Liffey Valley Renault (179 euro for a full service) is only for cars older than 4 years old. I queried this and the receptionist let it slip that they put a low grade oil into the car. This may cause more problems than it is worth.

Oh..good to know.
I just bought a 05 Laguna.. I'd rather go elsewhere if that's the case