Renault Laguna problem

corcoran1

I bought a new Renault Laguna 3 weeks ago(brand new never registered). Yesterday evening i drove in to the car park where I live and there was an extremely strong burning smell. It was so strong that I at first assumed it wasnt the car. I parked the car and got out. I noticed the smell was getting stronger. I backed away in case it suddenly burst in to flames.I called breakdown assist. they said it would be an hour or so. I came down to check the car every 15 mins or so. Even from 30\40 feet away the smell was strong. 90 mins later they arrived. the bonnet was still hot as were some of the parts under the bonnett. The car was taken away to be brought to a garage this morning. I called the garage where I bought it (not in Dublin) and was told Liffey Valley Renault would look at it. After 2 hours or so the owner of the garage called me to say that LV Renault had looked at it and there was nothing wrong with it and that I may have been riding the clutch and this caused the burning smell. Ive had no problems driving this car and have been driving for over ten years.He really didnt seem to care. I told him that I wasnt happy with this as the car is only 3 weeks old. In the end they said that someone from the garage would take the car home and test it over the weekend. Im really not happy at all. I was almost sure the car was about to go on fire and if I had been driving it on the m50 etc there could have been a serious accident. Im also not happy that they were so willing to give it back to me so quick(I was told one of the sales guys, who was a technican up to a while ago, had taken a look at it). When I got there he was wearing a suit so I doubt it was looked at properly or even put up on a ramp. Any advice on how to deal with this. Thanks

If you are still unhappy take it to an indepedant for an inspection.

Keith in MKW worked for renault for years as a trainer in the awkward diagnostic stuff.

They are not too far from Liffey Valley either.

Give them a buzz
MKW Motors

Unit A6 & A7 Kingswood Bus pk Baldonnel rd Baldonnel 22 Co. Dublin
  • Tel: (01)4595266
  • Mob: (087)6681248