removing 'speckles' of paint from car?

positivenote

hi all,
after saving for quite a while i got meself a nce vw deisel for the long commute... everything going great. untill, i came hme from shopping the other day and noticed a small couple of brown speckles on the inside outside of the window, its hardly noticeable untill you notice it. So i had a closer look and the car is absolutely covered in it... all across the left hand side and the bonnet. It looks like the paint that you mght use if spraying a garden fence but the paint work on the car is ruined. Ive tried washes, power hoses etc... but no joy. The car is metallic gold has anyone any ideas how to get rid of this without damaging the original paintwork??
thanks

I removed specks of paint from a car with a steam cleaner before. A very tedious process but they did lift. If you're to try this make sure to try the steam cleaner on a hidden part of the paintwork to ensure the steam cleaner doesn't do any damage to the paintwork.

You need to get a claybar and/or some 'paint cleanser', you should be able to get these in a decent motor factors. Be sure to wax the car afterwards.

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar's%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3EAuto%20Detailing%20Clay&sectionID=11201

It's like a lump of Bu-tac which you use to rub across your paint work using the lubricant supplied. The Paint Cleanser is applied more like a wax/polish but mighnt be enough on it's own. I've used paint cleanser to remove spray paint, but the varnish may be a bit tougher.