removing name from deeds on death

Monsoon

Hi

I have some tidying up to do on the death of my father on two properties.
Can someone tell me - what is needed for Registry of Deeds to remove his name from the following.

a)firstly from deeds held as "tenants in common"
B)secondly from deeds held as "joint tenants"

Thank you.

For Registry of Deeds, for joint tenants, nothing to do. For Registry of Deeds for Tenant in common- an assent into the beneficiaries name.

Hi Vanilla
Thanks for that - there is no probate needed according to solicitor as savings was less than 15K so how do I do the assent? From google I found a 1A form on the registry of deeds website

Thanks

Hi J26
Are you sure? the solicitor has said definately no probate needed?
thanks for reply

Yes,

In relation to the tenant in common interest, a grant of probate will be required. The legal title to the property vests in the personal representative, and the only way to prove that you are personal representative (and administer the property) is to get a grant.

The joint tenancy passes automatically by survivorship, so it's not needed in respect of that

Hi

Thank you very much for that - that is very clear and helpful for me.

Im not sure on one of the properties - I was sure it was tenants in common but solicitor seems to think its was changed from tenants in common to joint tenants sometime last year so I will check with Reg Deeds to see if there is any document registered which does this. I assume it would be some form of deed against the title.

Thanks for your help - I just want to make sure everything is handled correctly as Ive had concerns about some previous dealings with same people involved and am keeping a closer eye this time.

Back