Removing makeup from white facecloths

Paulsgirl

Does anyone know how to do this? All my face cloths are destroyed and have tried washing them at high temperatures, adding vanish powder and also tried changing my washing detergent. Nothing seems to work!

Thanks.

Big saucepan, small amount of detergent ( a table-spoonful of washing soda crystals NOT caustic soda crystals), large amount of cold water, bring to the boil, simmer for 10/15 minutes. Empty the lot into the sink and rinse (carefully) in cold water.

Dilute an eggcupful of household bleach in a bucket of cold water and soak the facecloths overnight. Rinse in cold water next morning.

If the facecloths are not 100% cotton these may not work.

Great, thanks.

I was worried bleach may ruin them altogether so will test one first.

Much appreciated.

Does anyone know how to do this? All my face cloths are destroyed and have tried washing them at high temperatures, adding vanish powder and also tried changing my washing detergent. Nothing seems to work!

Thanks.

Why bother? You are only going to put make up on them again, so just wash them and forget about getting them white. Clean is enough! Or chuck them out and get some coloured ones.

Why bother? You are only going to put make up on them again, so just wash them and forget about getting them white. Clean is enough! Or chuck them out and get some coloured ones.

Id agree with this, or institute a rule that no one wearing make up uses white facecloths until makeup thoroughly removed by face /make up wipes first.

I do have some dark facecloths aswell and have thought of buying more in future.

Just with the load of white towels I do have, I like to have white facecloths to go with them rather than mix matching them in the bathroom.