Removing Leylandii Stump & Roots

laraching

Could somebody give me some tips of how to get rid of the stumps and roots of the Leylandii Tree? Since I've already cut the trees myself and put some ROOT OUT powder on the stumps. Is there any tools that I have to hire? Or is there any simple tools that I can buy and use even if it will take time just to get rid of it?

How much does it cost if I hire somebody to take it off?

Thanks.

Leylandii tend to have a "root ball", a series of fibrous roots with none too large, hence they often get blown over in strong winds on exposed sites. If you can get someone in with a small digger, that would be the best way of getting rid.

If you can get someone in with a small digger, that would be the best way of getting rid.

How much do you think will it cost per stump? the biggest will be 12 inch diameter.

How deep will it be if it were dig in? the tree is about 35ft tall. Do you thing pick spade will make the work?

How much do you think will it cost per stump? the biggest will be 12 inch diameter.

How deep will it be if it were dig in? the tree is about 35ft tall. Do you thing pick spade will make the work?

Try one with the spade and pick, and see how long it takes. Then, look at the other five and call someone to do them for you. We had a JCB onsite for other work and he did about 40 of them. Much bigger trees, and left a mess, but it was all to be landscaped anyway. It depends on what access there is. You can hire a mini-digger and do them yourself, but I think its easier to have them pulled and taken away for a fee. It's only expensive the day you get it done!

It's at the end of the garden anyway. And doing some landscape after taking it off. But unfortunately Im in a mid-terraced house. I dont have any access with big equipments to bring it in. That's why Im looking for manual digging .

Thanks for all your replies. I have to look for somebody to do it professionally, and that seems to be the best way, as most of you recommend.

I 've seen [broken link removed] advertise in the Irish Garden ( I think ) magazine if it's any good to you - never used them though.

I had the same problems and used this and was very happy he all so had chainsaw and cut down some hedges would use him again.

Hi Noodles, in accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any link with the above company other then being a satisfied customer? I'm sure you'll agree a recommendation from a relatively new user on a two month old thread can look suspicious.
Thanks,
Leo

hi leo
been a member over a year. just had some experance of this topic when I came across the tread. Iam sure you are right it may look suspicious.but I was only a customer.maybe you can view some of my other posts.it might put your mind to rest.

we paid a guy (in my opinion) a fortune to landscape our garden including remove lelandia at rear and he just left the stumps at ground level. I didn't realise they should have been removed - he implied they'd just rot away? Was I mislead?!!