Removing felt tip pen from plastic board

IrishGunner

The monsters of the kids in our estate decided to put Graffiti on our Meter box at the side of the house

Its Marker pen

Was going to just paint over it but is there any other way

Anything I can put on it that would prevent them from writing on it again

If you have a dry wipe marker, write over the area affected, then both should come off. Also you could try a type of cleaning sponge that you can buy in Dunnes from a crowd called Killeen (not sure it will do but worth a try).
Finally acetone might also remove it.

Some one of those above is bound to work!

ninsaga

Yeah was gonna say acetone will work. Works on most permanent marker, try nail varnish remover as that has high acetone content.

didn't someone say WD40 here before?

Saw recommendation for WD40 for removing silicone from windows but not sure about felt tip stains.

"Also you could try a type of cleaning sponge that you can buy in Dunnes from a crowd called Killeen"

Think they're called [broken link removed] Aldi seemed to have something similar on sale recently. Aldi also had stain devils on sale @ 2.49 and they are good for removing stains from cloths. They may work in this situation also.

An other option might be CIF with scrubbing sponge and elbow grease.

They will probably only do it again so wouldn't let them see me putting in too much effort if I was you.

Was going to just paint over it but is there any other way
Be careful when painting them. A few people in our estate painted them and the results were woeful - if not immediately then at least after a few years. I'm not sure what sort of preparation and paint you should use for best results.

Cheers

Whats this acetone can see its in nailvarnish remover but my nails are not that long

Is there any other product that has it ? Available in all hardware stores ?

Yeah little darling that they are will more than likely do it again

Dont think I will paint it even if I could put a mesh on it just to stop them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back