Removing concrete floor in garden shed

HMC

The shed with my new house measures approx 8x10 feet and has a raised concrete floor, roughly 3 or 4 inches off the ground. I want to get rid of the whole lot and plant a lawn. What kind of equipment/time scale am I looking at to dig up the concrete and a crazy paving path leading up to it? Is it a job for a professional or is there a piece of equipment I could hire?

small skip, kango hammer, pick axe, shovel and a wheel barrow (throw in two mates at a cost of 1 slab of beer and you'll get it done in a staurday morning ) - you will be able to do it yourself no prob.

nai - you sound like you were at my house two weeks ago... I did the exact same with a shed around 18ft X 9ft with a kango, pick, shovel and barrow.. Took four of us most of a Saturday and cost 48 Heiniken and 2 large pizzas... Good luck with it, pick a sunny day!!

Thanks for responses.
Any chance we might encounter foundations for this monster?

If the slab (the concrete one, not the beer) could be lifted using a pry bar, slip a brick or something similar underneath, and whack it a few feet in with a sledge. Might save on the hire of the cango, but might be a little more work.

Before you attack it, is there any chance you might want it for the base for a greenhouse?