Removing a rung screw

Ballyman

Hi

One of the screws that holds down the toilet onto a concrete floor has rung and I can't get it off. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove it as I can't get the toilet out at the moment. All the other screws have been removed.

Screws have been in place circa 10 years so are badly rusted also!

Best way is to get a drill bit the correct size of the screw and drill it out,eventually the screw will just pop loose and you can remove it with a tweesers or pilers

When refitting the WC pan seal around the base (where it contacts floor) using a clear silicone- this should keep the screws rust free.

Best way is to get a drill bit the correct size of the screw and drill it out,eventually the screw will just pop loose and you can remove it with a tweesers or pilers

You can also purchase special screw removal drill bits. Another good approach is to use a vice-grips to grap the head of the screw, it will provide far more leverage than a screwdriver although you may shear the head off and you will still have to drill it out.

If there is any gap or play between floor and WC pan, you could try to cut the screw with a hacksaw blade?

Thanks for your help. I eventually used an angle grinder to cut a slot on the screw head and I was able to use a flat screwdriver to get it out then.