remove ink from furniture

pjq

Some eegit (me) gave my 4yr nephew a spiderman drawing kit , now aforementioned eegit needs to remove blue marker ink from my furniture . What should I use to remove the marker ink .
pjq

If the eejit was to let us know what part of the furniture the marker needs to be removed from we might be able to give better advice

Google gives . If you don't find anything helpful there you could try testing one of the [broken link removed]in a non-visible part of the suite. If it does not remove the colour then go ahead and rub it gently with a soft cloth depending on the material.

Post back and we might be able to help further.

Good point , its the wooden door of a display cabinet , the wood is a polished mid brown colour.
Don't know why I didn't google " removing blue marker from furniture" but Sueellen, it was a great idea . The recommendations went from , hair spray to insect repellant ... but many people recommended using an eraser ( rubber) . I have just been rubbing , and it takes quiet a bit of rubbing , but most of the ink can be removed . I need to see it in daylight before it can be called a success .
Got to go now , this eejit is going to spend Saturday night with his rubber.
pjq

its amazing how good baby wipes advertised as "as gentle as water" are at removing stains from our table.