Remove Halogen Spotlights

mik_da_man

Hi,

I have a number of halogen celing spotlights in the Apt I am renting. A few have blown and I have replaced a few.
However some just will not come out.... They seem like they are nearly welded in
I have heard of a tool with a sucker on it that can be used but I have not come across one yet.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the things out??

Cheers

Mik

We got some spotlights put in last year and the electrican left us with 3 or 4 little rubber 'suckers'(God knows where they are now!). I think the spotlights came with them in the box (one for each blub). It might be worth your while checking this out as you need to buy replacement bulbs anyway. I'm sure you can buy them on their own in any decent electrical wholesaler/hardware.

The lights you refer to are probably 220v GU10 or 12v GU4 type. Some of the light fittings come with suckers. Most, however, have a ring of wire which holds the bulb in place, and which must be removed to get out the bulb. If you need a sucker, you can get a hook with a suction cup in many hardware shope or even in the pound shops. this will do the job.

The ones I have have a Bayonett (sp?) type head on them and are secured with a ring of wire. Most of them just need a push upwards and twist to come out, but some just wont budge. I'll have a look for the sucker in a local hardware shop.