Removal Companies

Snowballs

Hi

Anyone any advice, experience or thoughts on using removal companies when moving house. eg price, any particular one used that you'd recommend.

Thanx in advance

Snowballs

Hi Snowballs,

we didn't end up using this company as we couldn't guarantee them that we would have the keys at a certain time, but they were very nice to deal with and as understanding as they could be ([broken link removed]) they're a well known movers and I would go with them again if I was more sure of when we would actually be able to move. they quoted me €725 + VAT to move the contents of a large one bedroom apartment.

we ended up hiring a truck ourselves and my BF, his dad and my dad moved all our stuff...

M

Hi,

My parents moved a couple of weeks ago and used George Stevens of Dun Laoghaire as they did 30 years ago when they bought their first house. My mother is extremely fussy (a bit of a Hyacinth Bucket!) and was very impressed. Did a search on the web for them and came up with this:

[broken link removed]

Sweet Pea

hi,
we moved last year and got 3 quotes, which varied from 800 euro up to 2k plus!!! Moving contents of 3 bed semi. We opted for Cronins and I was very impressed with their service. They were the 2nd cheapest at around 900 euro. The lads were really courteous and careful with our stuff. They arrived on time, did 'what it says on the tin' and put everything in the correct room at the other end. In the overall scheme of things it was to my mind a grand well spent. Others will say it's too much money, but a big move is stressful enough, especially if you are signing contracts on the same day (ie having to be moving out of old house and into new house on same day), so I thought it was money well spent.