Remote control not working.

Molli

Last night while rewinding back a programme on Sky everything just froze, I changed the batteries in the remote but still no good. The remote would not work atall and is still the same today. What might be the problem there.

Does the Sky box work if you use the controls on the box itself? It might be the box that's frozen rather than the remote.

The usual cure is to disconnect the box from the power for a minute or two, plug back in, leave in standby for a minute or so then switch it on and see if that sorts it out.

Last night while rewinding back a programme on Sky everything just froze, I changed the batteries in the remote but still no good. The remote would not work atall and is still the same today. What might be the problem there.

Try this take out the batteries, press the select button for about a minute then put the batteries back in.

Thanks for help gipimann and silvermints. I rang tv shop and they had 1 sky plus remote left so I headed in and purchased and I just saw your suggestion now silvermints. Anyway I'm back on tv land again!

Silvermints just did what you said and the remote is back in action again, thank you. I know I got a new one but I'm sure it will come in handy again at another stage.

Silvermints just did what you said and the remote is back in action again, thank you. I know I got a new one but I'm sure it will come in handy again at another stage.

You're welcome pity I didn't see your post earlier could have saved you a few euro but as you say its always handy to have a spare.