remote assistance not pro installed on

potnoodler

trying to fix a few issues on friends pc from comfort of sitting room and getting the above message(related to their pc) via msn- any ideas anyone
have tried the googling, but figured may throw the question out and see what responses are tomorrow

Can i mail the file below and reinstall or any other paths to follow

C:\Windows\Pchealth\HelpCtr\System\Remote Assistance

Get them to right click on My Computer on their desktop, choose Properties from the context menu and then check the settings on the Remote property page. They may want/need to enable the Remote Assistance option but they should be careful as I'm not sure what the security implications of opening this up beyond their LAN, home connection, firewall might be. Personally I would not open up my PCs to Remote Assistance over anything other than a LAN or VPN or other end to end secured link and certainly not across an insecure internet link.

cheers Clubman, I got her to enable the remote assistance option as well as the remote control , however its the "remote assistance not installed " after that even though she can send the invite, it's when I acccept the error message is displayed on both msm messengers. Have also disabled her firewalls temporarily
I realise the risks to but no really other option outside of spend hours on the line with an increasingly frustrated user