Remake of V - any good?

Ceist Beag

I just caught the end of a new programme on tv3 last night called V - and it appears to be a remake of the original series back in 80s. I loved the original series so has anyone tuned into the remake - and if so is it any good?

I liked it. I was concerned they would do a straight re-make but it looks promising. Hopefully it'll be as good as the BSG reboot.

I didn't think it was great to be honest - thought it was a bit cheesy. I'll wager i'll still tune in next week mind...

Thought it was fairly good. They seems to have gone the same route as Battlestar Galactica for reimagining the storyline. Will watch it again.

I watched the pilot last night and wasn't gripped. They packed a lot into the pilot so how will the rest of the season pan out ? The Resistance against the Visitors and their Earth devotees ? If that's all, then it could get stale quickly.

Also, AFAIK, there'll be 4 episodes, then a hiatus until next year. Not a great way to build audience loyalty ?

Watched about 10 mins of it as I was channel surfing. Didn't look good.

So, will they turn out to be rat-eating lizards like the original series??

I thought the rats were merely 'amuse-bouches'?

Well lucky them in that case!

I wish I could find something like crab and stilton with walnut on a teeny piece of toast just lying around the place.

Thought it was fairly good. They seems to have gone the same route as Battlestar Galactica for reimagining the storyline. Will watch it again.

If it's anywhere near as good as the BSG remake then it will be worth watching.

Well lucky them in that case!

I wish I could find something like crab and stilton with walnut on a teeny piece of toast just lying around the place.
Jack O'Connor would call that a trophy snack...