relocating home after many years: waterford or tipperary

doll2824

Hi,i am relocating my family home in a months time.we have searching the net for a house in waterford or tipperary.I dont drive so i need something within walking distance to a town.
I have been told tipperary isnt the best place especially the north of tip.Any suggestions.

Re: relocating home after many years

Hi,
How about Dungarvan? lovely town. Have you an idea where you'd like to live ideally ie close to your original home? family? work?
M

thanks for reply.My hubby has been offered 2 jobs but has yet to accept.one is in carrick on suir the other is in waterford city.My family are all in dublin.no way could we afford to live in dublin.We like waterford but within easy driving distance for either job.say 20 mins or so.

Getting in and out of Waterford city (depending on your husbands job location) is tough though not as bad as traffic in Dublin. Nice Waterford suburbs are expensive places to buy although in this market you may pick up a bargain.

There are plenty small town / village subarbs in between Carrick-on-Suir and Waterford, all of which are nice. Remember coming from Dublin to a village can be hard to adjust to and you may want to consider one of the local small towns.

North Tipp. is very far from Waterford so I would exclude that area (BTW I can't understand where Tipp is suddenly getting the bad reputation? - no worse than any other comparable parts of the country).

The South East has a lot to offer, I hope ye will be happy there.

The bus services from Waterford to Dublin are excellent, train i can't comment on. I would choose Waterford as Carrick looks to be the smaller of the two towns and it could be a bit clic-ish ?

Tramore's the spot - 10-15 mins from Waterford and less than 30 from Carrick.

thanks for reply.My hubby has been offered 2 jobs but has yet to accept.one is in carrick on suir the other is in waterford city.My family are all in dublin.no way could we afford to live in dublin.We like waterford but within easy driving distance for either job.say 20 mins or so.

Steer clear of Carrick and Clonmel as they are both dog rough.

sounds all very encouraging so far !! the sales pitch doesn't look great.
supposed to me moving back myself next august after 21 years in London to the Midlands to a fab house we are building but might just delay for another while.

Back