Reliable weather forecast for this weekend?

Caveat

Planning ahead for a BBQ - maybe I'm mad.

According to (I think) Accuweather yesterday, bright sunshine and approx. 20C both days - great, away we go.

According to Accuweather today, 13ish and partly cloudy ?!

Anyone any other recommendations before I give up on the idea?

From Met.ie

Both Thursday and Friday will continue dry with a mix of cloud and sunny spells, the best of the sunshine probably in the south and southwest. Winds will be light; northeast in direction at first, then falling calm. Nights will continue cold with patchy fog and frost. Saturday will be cloudier with the risk of a little rain developing across more northern parts, although Leinster and Munster should remain dry. A few light showers about on Sunday but dry weather still predominating; the winds light to moderate between west and north in direction.

Hmmm

All I need now is Teatime and his mental optimism.

"Sure have a BBQ in the rain - why not? It'll be lovely"

Unless it's torrential rain - I still BBQ once there's a bit of sunshine! Sure tiz an Irish BBQ! - stick up some umbrellas!. By the way that was from Met.ie so more than likely completely wrong

Forecasts for 5 days away are not accurate. I wouldn't trust anyone who claims that their 5 day forecast is accurate.

Its a gamble in April to assume that nice weather today means nice weather in 5 days time, but we are a nation of gamblers. Go for it.

Planning ahead for a BBQ - maybe I'm mad.

Had BBQ last Friday and last Sunday and wasn't it wonderful. The smoke from my marinaded chicken drifted slowly upwards and mingled pleasantly with the smoke from my neighbour's chimney!

Hmmm

All I need now is Teatime and his mental optimism.

"Sure have a BBQ in the rain - why not? It'll be lovely"

I am a bit anti-sun at the moment Caveat; ran the Connemara half marathon last Sunday and got burnt badly!

All those lovely winter days and nights training in the cold, wet & windy weather and then race day is a scorcher.

Took me a while to peel off the nipple tape too.

It's gonna be lovely in Cork for the weekend, Cav. Bring the barbie down and I'll throw a few cans of Beamish in the fridge.

there's only two options :

sunny with patches of light rain
rainy with some sun

go figure

Thanks all.

Nipple tape? trips to Cork? Jeez ask a simple question on this site and you don't know where it could end up!

Well the latest for Sat for the NE is around 15C, sunny/cloudy but, most importantly, apparently 0.0 chance of precipitation.

That'll do me. Game on!

Showers of ash interspersed with haze of embers. And not just from the barbie.