Rejecting a new car

My brother did. Bought a Sports Renault many years ago and he had a feeling something was wrong. After a long debacle, it transpired that the car had fallen off a transporter, and bent the chassis. The Garage fixed the bodywork and did a botch job on the chassis. Settled on the steps of the court.

What happened in your case ??

Brake failure. New Car purchased late January. Several incidents of failure including a minor crash.

Had been with the garage for the past 4 weeks - most of march

Got it back on Thursday April 3 last, Assured it was fixed.

Brakes failed to operate on Friday Morning - near miss when lost braking.

Car towed to dealer. VW investigating again.

I've lost confidence and am concerned that something serious could happen if they fail again.

1600 km on the clock.

There is no way I would accept this. Surely they will have to take that car back and replace it for you. I would not like to be driving that (not trying to frighten you or anything) like you said you've lost confidence in it.

You need to put everything that has occurred in writing to them immediately. Copy all correspondence to your solicitor, In a separate letter to the Garage, you had better tell them that they are been held responsible for any third party damage and any further costs you have had and will have.

This is a complete breach of the Sales of Goods Act.

What part of the Country is this ??

Please post how you get on.

Yes, its the very one.

VW had the cars for 4 weeks.

Assured me the problem had been identified and corrected.

VW distributor also copied on the issue.

The same problem persisted on Friday after I got the car back.

Manufacturer is involved again.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Unless you deal with this matter quickly and intensely, the blame will be apportioned back to you foir been lack luster. This requires input from the legal eagles ASAP,

Is it possible that this car may find its way back onto the market again? Is there a way that the problems associated with this car can be given to any new prospective owner? In the UK this info would be available on the HPI check I would think. Maybe in the future you could furnish us with the reg number of the car?