Reillo burner problem

Pope John 11

I tried to turn on the boiler this morning, but the reillo burner is not working. It does not kick in at all. I pressed the reset button on the burner but no good.

I know the electricity went out the night before, would this have anything to do with it. The motor for the burner is not turning at all, could this be an electrical problem?

What can I do to sort it out?

I have looked up some previous threads, but there is nothing about a burner not working at all.

High limit stat may have tripped. The reset button for the HL stat will depend on your boiler. It is not the red button on burner.

you'll have to tell me what type of boiler it is. The high limit stat will be fitted on the main boiler and not the Reillo burner. The stat tripping would be the cause of no power getting to burner.

Look at control stat on boiler, where you set the temperture, is there a black cap beside control knob? if so, unscrew it and remove. you will see a pin, press it, it will click if it has been reset and power will be restored to burner.

Was the boiler on "timer" when power went off. If so then perhaps the incorrect time on timer is holding the boiler in off position.
w200