Reid Furniture Problem - cust service no good, what next?

G

gbpot

Hi Peeps,
I have a problem with Reid Furniture and their customer service dept (Glasgow) is saying "we will not do anything about it, contact Citizen's Advice". And VERY abruptly at that. But do I have any options. Problem is:

March 2007 bought a 3+2 suite. Knew about the waiting problems, but that was ok. Suite was actually delivered early. Lovely stuff for the price £2K.
Earlier this year we noticed one seat of the 3seater was sloping, and you were sitting at an angle. Phoned, tech came out and Stuffed more filling into the seat.
After a couple of months noticed that the leaning in to the sofa was getting worse, and with more stuffing in the seat, it was brick hard and more pronounced.
Contacted Customer Service (after a week of trying, went to the store and they e-mailed them), they sent out a technician. His closing remarks were "It's in perfect condition otherwise, I can see it's not been abused, I'll report to the office, and they will be in touch within seven days".
The were. I got a letter saying Tech thought there was no fault, and they would do nothing about it. Letter from Customer service manager ended "We trust this reassures you". What???????????

Phoned today and after being cut off three times, switchboard put me through directly to C.S. Mgr. VERY abrupt, won't do anything more, contact Citizen's Advice.
What a response from a company this size!

But is there anything I can do? This is the first time I will have taken on anything like this, but I am determined to take it further. The seat is at an angle of about 20degrees, it is not fit for the use it was designed for, they fixed it once and it has made it worse.

Any advice greatly appreciated.Thanks

Hi gbpot,

Welcome to AAM.

AAM is an Irish website so any advice received may not be relevant to UK law.

It would probably be best for you to contact your consumer agency.

There are also some previous threads on Reids if you run the search option in this forum.

Hi Sueellen,
Now why did'nt I notice that?
Sorry, but caught a few of the previous posts, with some helpful information.
Cheers
gbpot

Back