Registration Plates for UK Import

D

Dutchy07

Good afternoon all,

I've just imported a UK car and am going to register it tomorrow. Can anybody advise once it's registered and I have my registration number where can I go to get the actual plates?

Many thanks as always for any advice received.

I think you get them from any Motor Factors, normally one within walking distance from VRO offices!!!!

I know in Tallaght there is a motor factors at the junction of the main street and Belgard Rd, around the corner from the VRO office. Takes 5 mins and next door to them there's a place who will put them on, thought its cheaper if you buy yourself some double tape. Other VRO offices will point you in the right direction as I guess someone would be cute enough to pick up on this passing trade near VRO offices.

If the existing plates are held on with screws, just unscrew them, Use the holes in the UK plates as the template for drilling the holes on the new plates. And the holes should match with the holes on the bumber and it should be easy to fit them. I got a set recently for 20 euro.

Most motor factors do them. If fitting them yourself, you should be able to get a set of 2 for 20€.