registering my site

Killter

hi all
ive just set up a webpage but cant find it when i google it. so i registered my details with them but still no joy. i think i have to wait untill their spider finds the site in a crawl but that could be ages. i followed their instructions abut cant seem to figure what they want me to upload to get my site fully registered.
any help? cheers

It takes a while before your site will be picked up by Google. You should also register it with the other major search engines.

Even when it's picked-up (and crawled) by Google - unless it's pretty unique, or cross-linked by lots of sites, then it may be pretty low down in the Google list (page ranking).

Or you pay for Google AdWords for example.

Is this really important? Do you expect most of your users to find you through a search engine or are you targeting a more specific user base? I would imagine that many people hear about Askaboutmoney through means other than search engines for example and engineering things to get a good/prominent search engine rank is certainly not something that has concerned the moderators/administrators over the years (even if we do for many searches as it happens!).

Do you have keywords in the "meta names" of you web page source ?

Also links to other web pages and back to yours also help move up the ranking.

I added links, keywords and also added a site map XML to Google and have definitely noticed improvements.

- GM

Back