Registering for Income Tax / PAYE Employee

Nutso

Hi All,

I'm currently working as a PAYE employee but have the opportunity to make some additional income.

I have not already registered for income tax, but have actually done a couple of jobs. Is it okay for me to invoice these customers using my PPS number on the invoice or do I need to register for income tax before invoicing these customers?

The income at the moment is very small but I hope to build on it. It's a service-based industry but I don't expect to get anywhere near the VAT threshold.

I would appreciate any advice.

your pps number doesnt need to go on the invoice

if the net income is less then 3k you will get away with filing a form 12 ---

Last edited:
Thanks WindUp.
I will also have rental income to declare for 2011/2012 - net rental income (before capital allowances) for 2011 will probably be in the region of €3k, so I would imagine that I may need to file a form 11 rather than a form 12?

In that case you will need to register with the revenue for income tax purposes as a self-employed person They wll issue you with an income tax registration number which invariably will be the same as your PPS no. You will the need to file form 11 as per revenue guidelines Also it will help greatly if you familiarise yourself with ROS

Thanks Jonny. I am familiar with ROS as I use it for clients for business purposes and have previously used it to submit my own PAYE returns. Would an income tax return be done separately on ROS or under my PAYE tax login?

Back