Registering for a .ie doman name

Katman

To register sucessfully for a .ie domain name it's necessary to submit an RBN (Registered Business Name) number to prove that the domain you are looking for is has something in common with your RBN.

I already have an art website and a product supplies website (in a completely different industry), so they have nothing in common. And I'm about to register another domain name (in a different industry again). Which means that I have to register another RBN....and of course another fee.
My question is: can I lump multiple companies (in different industries) under the same RBN? Has anyone tried this? And did you get a positive response from the Domain Registry? How flexible are they? Thanks

An RBN is a registration of a Business Name, not a company. If you are trading in different industries and different trading names you must register these business names separately with the CRO.

I doubt it but cannot state definitively one way or another.

Multiple names + multiple industries = multiple registrations.

BTW, one of the things the police look for when sussing dodgy company directors is people with multiple directorships with different addresses.

I'm not saying this describes you at the moment, or that you are "dodgy" - you might be for all I know, but I'm not making that assertion.

I'm saying this to warn you about what you could end up looking like.

I suppose you could set up a company with a tailored Memorandum and Articles of Agreement allowing it to trade in several different areas.

You could also set up an acknowledged group of companies - the Katman Group, for example - which would give an impression of corporate wonderment to the masses.

FWIW

ONQ.