Registering a few business names

Figment

Is there anything i should look out for when having a limited company registering a few business names for different products. Its seems very straight forward on the form, just checking i am not missing anything.

It would not be normal to register business names for products. A business name applies to a person. Of course, one person might have two businesses (XYZ Architects and XYZ homeplans might both be two registered business names used by the same person). Talk to your solicitor if you are unclear.

To register a .ie domain name a business name reg is required and i am looking for .ie for each product. I am also looking to get some basic protection on the product names while trademarks are being processed.

Does it not stop someone else registering the same name and trading under it and getting the .ie domain?

It stops them getting the .ie if you have it, but it doesn't stop them registering the business name.

Just go to cro.ie and search for anything generic, like "deliveries", "cleaners" etc and you'll see there are lots of identical names registered.

Well for the .ie it is worth it however does it increase the yearly filing requirements?

Back