registering a company - witnessing?

fatboyPee

Hi I'm planning to register a company with the CRO but some of the directors are overseas (I will get their signatures), do they have to ALL be present usually for the the solicitor / commissioner of oaths to witness the documents ?

Thanks

FBP

I think that only the presenter's signature has to be witnessed. When I registered I just got the Peace Comm. to witness me, the other director wasn't there.

A director or the Secretary (typically, but can also be a solicitor engaged in the company formation) makes a statutory declaration, whereby his/her signature is witnessed by a solicitor or a Peace Commissioner, etc. One signature to be witnessed, but all directors must first sign the form to consent to act. €10 for the privilege of the solicitor's or PC's autograph - good money if you can get it!

€10 for the privilege of the solicitor's or PC's autograph - good money if you can get it!

Peace Commissioners are not allowed to charge for witnessing a signature. A Commisioner for Oaths usually charges around €10.00.

Back