Registering a business partnership

leesider29

I am looking into setting up a business partnership with a friend of mine for a website. For the first year and a half there will be absolutely no turnover and costs will be a maximum of €5,000. I have a number of questions regarding this that I was hoping someone could help me out with.

Firstly the advice on citizensinformation.ie re setting up a partnership is as follows:

Partnership: This is where 2 or more people agree to run a business in partnership with each other. The partnership agreement should be drawn up by a solicitor. The partners are jointly responsible for running the business and if it fails all partners are jointly responsible for the debt.

Is there a generic agreement that can be used besides getting a solicitor to draw one up?

Also I am currently unemployed so would it effect my social welfare status in any way? Taking into account what I mentioned re turnover etc

Secondly the act of setting up a partnership, are the steps I listed below correct and have I missed anything?

1. Sign partnership agreement with partner
2. Register partnership and business name with cro
3. Register for income tax with form TR1
4. Request .ie domain name
5. Form 11 tax return each year

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

Back