Registered post query

STEINER

A friend has missed the postman with a registered post delivery to herself and has 3 days to collect the item.

She can't collect it until Friday and doesn't want anyone else to receive/collect it. She doesn't operate a business and isn't expecting any documents or anything.

Prior to collecting it and signing for it, can she establish who the sender is from An Post?

If the An Post docket has a reference number, the online track-and-trace might tell her something, though I don't think it has the sender details.

Has she recently signed up for insurance with Coleraine based (can't remember the name) car insurance? They send everything by registered post.

She might be able to call the local PO and explain that she will be unable to collect until X time - we have done that before and they have been obliging.

The track and trace number will not identify the sender. If the sender's name and address is not on the envelope the delivery post-office will not know the sender. You have two options, accept and sign for it or refuse it.

There is a legal requirement to return it within three working days.

I was late collecting a registered letter last week and the post office were able to give me the name and address of the sender.

Of course you were able to find the sender. When you didn't collect it within the specified time the post-office had to open it to find out who to return it to.

Back