region dvd

jem

Hi i have a jvc digital cimema system THS11 region 2.
santa has through amazone usa a powerrangers dvd from the usa.
I assume he wont be able to watch it as it is region 1 :mad: how can I come around it, whenre would i get a code to make it work.
Likewise will it play on his ps2 or how do i get it to work there.

I have to say that IMHO it is a treeiable that these regional things are out there and should be against the law due to comp.
james

I agree that it's ridiculous that they're allowed make players region specific. Like most consumer issues the manufacturer does what they can get away with. I would not buy a region-specific player on principle. The only way we can try to stop this is if people don't buy region specific players. I hope you will buy a region free player next time.

There may be a software hack or a hardware modification that allows your player to work in multi-region mode so that it's not locked to region 2. Search the web or try one of the many DVD region hack websites/forums for info. Another thing to bear in mind is that region 1 DVDs will most likely be encoded in NTSC only rather than PAL (or both) and this can cause problems (e.g. black & white picture or interference) if the DVD player and/or TV cannot cope with NTSC or the "pseudo PAL" signal generated by some players. Best to do a it of research before buying or else play it safe and buy a region 2 PAL encoded DVD. Of course you could always use DVDshrink to get around some of these problems but that might be technically deemed illegal...

Back