Regarding Contribution Statement when less than 500 contributions.

aisaprofesor

Dear all
I have been searching for a few days how to read my Contribution Statement.

My understanding is that my contributions are under "Reckonable Paid Contributions", right? If so, the total number is 288, which is below 500. Is there any entitlement with such number?
I worked (1995-2001) in GMIT for seven years and then I moved to the U.S.
Do Credited Contributions and Reckonable Credited Contributions count for something?
Looking forward to hearing from some advise.
Thanks a million
Aixa

Hi first of all it very complex area.

Based 288 no but the credited ones can be added to this. Think their is rule sayings 10 years credits min.

But you say went to US in 2001. Have been paying social contributions over their? Their currently agreement between Ireland and US . That if claiming pension in Ireland. They will take in account your American record. Need inquiry if US looks at Irish record if you're short on American system. (Believe Ireland has the same in place for Canada,new Zealand and Australia)

Or if possible complete 3 more years working in Ireland to bring you to 10 years. To get the Irish minimum one on its own.

If Google operational guide for state pension. You will find on gov.ie the doc with finer details.

Before giving any more advice it would be useful to know your age and whether you are permanently settled in the US. If not, do you intend to return to Ireland to work or to retire?

It's a different story if you will ever pay PRSI again in Ireland or if you are going to use your historical contributions to add to your social security entitlement in the US.

Thanks a million for your response. I am to stay permanently in the USA until I retire (62) and then I may move back to Galway or Malaga/Granada, where I have family too. I will make an appointment with the US Social Security Services to get more info about the Irish-American agreement regarding pensions. I have 16 years of US contributions.

Thanks for you reply. I am 53 and planned to stay here until age 62 or 65. I may retire in Galway or Malaga. I am not planning to work in Ireland and I will look into how my Irish contributions can be added to the US Social. I will make an appointment with them to see. Once again, go raibh míle maith agat.

Sorry, one more question. I hope it is not a nonsense question. Is credit the same as contribution? If so, I have 288 total contributions, it means 288 credits?
Thanks in advance