Refused credit card from AIB

F

F.A.S.H.

Ok

I graduated last year from college. Am earning 25000 a year in a steady job, which i have a contract for.

In my second year in college i had an overdraft with BOI of 300, which i paid off after recieving a letter from them.

Ive banked with AIB for the last 3 years ( my wages go directly into the bank since january), and never had an overdraft or anything, but they stilll wont give me a credit card. And i am terrified of asking for a car loan, if they wont even give me a credit card!!

I know this has something to do with the overdraft, as it would be on my credit history.

How would i resolve this issue? and is it true that each time you apply for a credit card and get denied this goes on your history?

Thanks

"How would i resolve this issue? and is it true that each time you apply for a credit card and get denied this goes on your history?"

You can't. Once you have the black mark on your ICB report it's there for 5 years (maybe 7?) You can't get rid of it.

yes, when you apply for a credit card or ANY form of credit, it registers on your ICB report. Even an application for a current account with Halifax went on mine.

Get a copy of your credit report to see what exactly is on it. Just because they sent you a letter doesn't mean you have a bad credit history. You don't have to use AIB for the credit card. You can approach any lender for one.