Refused Credit Card bu Bank Underwriters

Whistlebinki

Can anyone tell me if your bank underwriters have refused your credit card application does this mean your credit rating is going to be rubbish for next 6-12 months with all banks and creditors?

So presuming I cannot now go andd take out out a credit card application with Tesco, Avent card KBSC Ulster bank etc!!

If this is the case Iam currently having a dispute with my bank and have appealed to the underwriters my bank manager agrees with me but its down to the underwriters...

Am I better closing my account and going to a different bank as so in future I will have a clean record as such???

Was it the other way round?Was your application rejected because of credit difficulties?

No credit difficulties that iam aware of and none that was disclosed by the underwriters just an old charge hit my account 3.5 years ago and was never resolved from my record although my branch manager told me there was no dispute and all is fine???

So confused as what I should do next take my custom eslewhere perhaps?

But just wondred as I have been refused for cc app can I go to another bank and apply for cc or am i tarnished goods for next 6-12 months :confused:

I'll ask this... why do you want a credit card? These days we have Debit cards and prepaid online credit cards like that I have used myself.

Correct, there is a vast array of pre paid credit cards within the Irish market.

However this is not the product I wish to take on holiday with me hence why I applied for a credit card with the lowest possible limit.

Hi Whistle

You need to check your ICB record to see if the problem is recorded on that.

If it is recorded in error, your bank is obliged to remove it.

if there is no record, it should not affect your chances of getting a credit card with any other supplier.

Brendan

Back