Refused Credit By Supplier

lazybones12

Hi All

First time posting here.

We are an SME in business for the last number of years. Things have been tough but we are managing to keep our heads above water. One of our suppliers stopped doing a particular product vital to our business. We sourced an alternative supplier and have for the last 6 months been paying by Credit Card. We applied a month ago for credit and after a reminder call last week got a call from them today to say their Insurer would not sanction the credit (not obliged to give a reason) therefore the application was being refused. I am surprised as this is the first time we have been in this situation and am concerned that our credit rating is not what I though it was. We pay on time and have never defaulted on a loan. Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer any words of wisdom.

Thanks in advance.

Have you some other large supplier who could check your credit standing with Dun and Bradstreet or their own insurer?

If you are a limited company, they are probably looking at the accounts in the CRO. Are these up to date and meaningful?

Thanks Brendan for coming back to me. Yet accounts up to date to December 12. Losses 10 & 11 but Profit for 2012.