Refurbishment of a bungalow in Dublin

shakaz

Hi,
Looking for some advice. I am about to bid on two houses at present and can't figure out which to go for. They are an identical original footprint (1,300 sq ft gable ended bugalow) in the same estate but one has gone into the attic and put on a small kitchen extension brought to 1,800 sq ft. They did a super job - some highlights

- reconfigured everything downstairs. New internal walls, new location for kitchen, living areas, etc. The original internal walls were not brickwork so easily demolished.
- 2 ensuites downstairs, new bathroom upstairs
- Highlight 1: kitchen extension is just a 3 metre extension of the left hand side of the gable end at back creating L shape with high ceilings and lots of glazing/dooring. Great light
- decent flooring throughout
- Highlight 2 is how they went into attic. They opened the hallway into the attic with velux windows giving great light to downstairs hall and the landing. Hallway is on left hand side and then lading and bedrooms upstairs are on right hand side.

I would say that the finish was not top end but respectable throughout but the redesign was great.

The question I have is what it might take to get this work complete. The work above was completed 10 years ago so I thing we could do something slighly different and to our own taste. The differential in cost between the two buildings is approx €110k. I think we would be willing to spend €130k to get our own stamp.

Any advice gladly received