Refund from garage for car giving constant trouble?

JJ1982

Hi

I bought a nissan car under warrenty last year. Basically i have had it in at least once a month for the same problem (not starting) in morning and they have always say that it is fxed but it never is.

So anyway after lengthy talks with them, they offered me to pay 4k to trade in my car and come up a year (from 2003 to 2004). I find this laughable as they are basically giving me 5k for a trade in that i bought form them for 9k less than 12 months ago.

I asked for a refund yesterday. Now I know that theere will not be a full refund as there has been depreciation etc, but what are my chances. My car is curretnly in the garage getting looked over for the same problem again. Have I any legal standing?

Re: Refund from garage for car giing constant trouble?

Ask a solicitor.

Re: Refund from garage for car giing constant trouble?

Try getting a replacement car next time you bring it in

Insist that you need a good one as you have a client meeting or some such. Then refuse to give back the repalcement until you are sure yours if fixed.

I had a passat prob a few years ago and I kept repalcement for 2 days after mine was returned. After 9 months of messing about they suddenly fixed the problem.

When I put it up to them they just did not want the bad publicity

good luck

Badge